HP3000-L Archives

July 1997, Week 1

From:
"SIMPKINS, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SIMPKINS, Terry
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 13:40:00 +0000
Ralph Alexander writes:

>>Every month I have to store all files of a group, do some jobs
>>and restore the files. The files are not very large, but there are
>>KSAM files included.
>>Does anyone know a way to copy these files to another group ?

Jim Phillips   replies:
>Well, since you can't specify KSAM files with the COPY command, and
>I can't find any reference to using wildcards with the COPY command
>either, it looks like you'll need a third-party solution.  Something
>like MPEX from VESOFT will do the trick.  It allows wildcarded
>copies and will copy any and all files, including KSAM and IMAGE
>files.

Why not just store @.group.account to tape, "do your thing", and the
restore @.group.account.

This will allow the use of wildcards if needed.

Terry W. Simpkins
Lucas Control Systems Products
**  The "UK" in my mail address does NOT mean I have moved.  **
**  It just means I am cheap, and use the gateway at another **
**  Lucas site instead of putting up one of my own.          **
**  Opinions here are mine only, not my employers            **