HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 5

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:37:47 -0400
Apologies in advance for the recent increase in junk mail.  With few
exceptions, all have been gatewayed postings to our newsgroup mirror
comp.sys.hp.mpe which does not have the spam prevention measures that
the mailing list does.  I don't have an easy, effective fix or
workaround at this time (short of moderating the whole list, which I
really, really don't want to resort to).  Apparently there is some new
spamming software out which targets newsgroups while evading the
automated "cancel-bots" which have been keeping things in line to this
point.

Please just delete it unread and don't follow-up, reply, or comment on
the list (which would only make matters worse).

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] list janitor/gopher/flunky-at-large