HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 4

From:
Steve Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 16:20:46 -0400
Greetings to any Allbase users out there...

Are there alternative online backup methods for Allbase DBEnvironments?
Is Turbostore the only supported program for use with SQLUtil?

We're using Turbostore to backup a 20GB Allbase database, but are
disappointed with the way Turbostore has been integrated into the
SQLUtil "STOREONLINE" command.  STOREONLINE prevents us from accessing
Turbostore's features such as progress reporting, labelled tapes, etc.

I believe Orbit will backup the entire group.account, but that would
prevent us from using Allbase's archival logging for rollback recovery.

Any suggestions for backing up a 24 x 7 Allbase environment are
appreciated.

Steve
Steve Donnelly
Expeditors International