HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 4

From:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:08:51 -0800
Mark.  Unfortunately, you cannot purchase the M.B. Foster ODBC driver
separately.  What they do sell is a very nice report writing/data
extraction tool (Data Express) that also includes an ODBC driver.  However,
unless you need the report writer, this is a VERY expensive way to get an
ODBC driver.

I've been trying to convince Birket to unbundle the ODBC driver and sell it
separately for over a year now.  Right Birket <grin>?  Maybe you can add
your voice to mine.  Or, if you have enough patience, you can wait until
HP's "stripped down" version of the M.B. Foster ODBC driver is available...

Gary Dietz
Whitman College

>>> Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]> 06/25/97 07:22am >>>
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
says...

>and just a reminder the M. B. Foster ODBC has been shipping as part of
>DataExpress for 3 years and with 32 bit client support for over a year ...
>lots of folks are using it in production every day!!

Can I buy the ODBCLink Driver as a separate item? or must I also purchase
DataExpress?