HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 21:47:22 +0000
Hi Joe,
:
> > I know just the thing, you buy a "StringLink" interface card
<snip my silly stuff>
.

> John,
>
> String would yield too much bandwidth, and therefore, be too
> responsive.  Yarn would be even better.
>
> I think you were looking at Option 010 - Thread - Single Strand...now
> THAT would probably yield slower response <g>

I dont think that option has been available for quite some time (at
least since I have been on this least), "yarn" however seems readily
available and promises to swallow up all available bandwith, must be
somthing to do with "fuzzy" logic, PERL might help but only if
tightly "knit" and of course if you find the right jumpers you wont
have to sweat(er) it., and if you need to  re-card you .... cardigan, oops
sorry getting carried away.

 John "Only a danger to himself"  Skelton