HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:10:50 CDT
Art, I don't mean this as a personal attack so please don't be offended;
however, you may want to step behind the asbestos shield of your choice.

See below the quoted message (less 16165 lines) which prompt this comment:

/me drags out a largish soapbox and climbs onto it.

Everyone, PLEASE do *not* send large attachments to the list/newsgroup,
especially when the information is freely available at a public URL, and
extra-especially when it's not even relevant to the HP3000.  The small
percentage of people who even want to see this could have gone to pick up
what they want by following the URL provided in the "inline" portion of the
message.  I personally don't have a problem with the side discussions that
take place on this forum.  On the contrary, I find many of them (e.g., the
three-phase AC discussion of late) to be quite interesting.  But let's
all try not to flood everyone's bandwidth and mailboxes with huge
attachments.  Please think for a moment before you click the Send button to
be sure that what you are saying is pertinant to the forum, and think (at
least) twice before sending anything as an attachment and (at least) three
times if it's non-trivial in size.  Attachments, especially large ones, make
reading the digest irritating, and waste resources in multiple ways with
very little gained.  In this case, the URL info and perhaps a quick summary
would have been a Good Thing, but the attachments are excessive.

In case it's not obvious, this is my personal opinion.  I don't make policy
for the forum and therefore this is a request, not an order.  Everyone is
entitled to their own opinions, even if they *are* wrong.

/me hops off the box and sticks it back into the closet.

--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask] at Unison Software

"How do you manage peace of mind?", asked the mortals.
 And the wizard answered, "Look within, where there is only peace."
      - The Way of the Wizard

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:47:41 -0700, Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]> posted:
|This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
|consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
|properly handle MIME multipart messages.

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|Ok,
|    I went out to Bellcore's site and got some files of maps for the US and
|Canada  for peoples review.
|
|    The address is: http://www.bellcore.com/NANP/index.html
|
|     I have attached the files to this email ... they are in Acrobat format.
|
|Oh, and I got a listing of the area codes by state in html format as well :)
|
|Hope this will help a bit :)
|
|Art Bahrs

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|PEhUTUw+DQo8SEVBRD4NCjxUSVRMRT5OQU5QIEFyZWEgQ29kZXM8L1RJVExFPjwvSEVBRD4NCjxC
|T0RZPg0KPEEgTkFNRT0idG9wIj4NCjxDRU5URVI+DQo8QSBIUkVGPSIvbmF2bWFwaDEubWFwIj48
|SU1HIGJvcmRlcj0wIFNSQz0iL2ltZ3MvaDEuZ2lmIiAgSVNNQVA+PC9BPjxCUj4NCjwvQ0VOVEVS
|Pg0KPEEgTkFNRT0idG9wIj4NCjxDRU5URVI+DQo8QSBIUkVGPSIvY29uc3VsdGluZy5odG1sIj48
|SU1HIEJPUkRFUj0wIFNSQz0iL2ltZ3MvY29uc3VsdGRiby5naWYiIEFMVD0iQ29uc3VsdGluZyBh

[500 other lines snipped (all just as helpful)]

|Y29yZTwvYT4uDQpBbGwgUmlnaHRzIHJlc2VydmVkLjxpbWcgdnNwYWNlPTQgc3JjPSIvaW1ncy9i
|NS5naWYiPjwvZm9udD4NCjwhLS0gL2Zvb3RlciAtLT4NCjwhLS0gL3Rvb2xiYXIgLS0+DQoNCg0K
|PC9IVE1MPg0K

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|JVBERi0xLjEgDSXi48/TDQogDTggMCBvYmoNPDwNL0xlbmd0aCA5IDAgUg0vRmlsdGVyIC9MWldE
|ZWNvZGUgDT4+DXN0cmVhbQ0KgBxEANG4xGggGEIEA2GIyEA0GAuGA4hRjNsDF5pNoxEBEN4NgIAN
|ZW5kc3RyZWFtDWVuZG9iag05IDAgb2JqDTM4DWVuZG9iag02IDAgb2JqDTw8DS9UeXBlIC9YT2Jq
|ZWN0DS9TdWJ0eXBlIC9JbWFnZQ0vTmFtZSAvaW0xDS9GaWx0ZXIgL0RDVERlY29kZSANL1dpZHRo

[3370 lines snipped]

|IA0wMDAwMTkxNTg2IDAwMDAwIG4gDXRyYWlsZXINPDwNL1NpemUgMTINL1Jvb3QgMyAwIFINL0lu
|Zm8gMSAwIFINL0lEIFs8YzBkYjhiNDBhNGU3OTczYzVhNmUwYzhmYmY2ODE1OTc+PGMwZGI4YjQw
|YTRlNzk3M2M1YTZlMGM4ZmJmNjgxNTk3Pl0NPj4Nc3RhcnR4cmVmDTE5MjA5MA0lJUVPRg0=

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|JVBERi0xLjEgDSXi48/TDQogDTggMCBvYmoNPDwNL0xlbmd0aCA5IDAgUg0vRmlsdGVyIC9MWldE
|ZWNvZGUgDT4+DXN0cmVhbQ0KgBxEANGw0HAgGEIEA1GkJhwgMZtgYvNJtGIgIhvBsBANZW5kc3Ry
|ZWFtDWVuZG9iag05IDAgb2JqDTMyDWVuZG9iag02IDAgb2JqDTw8DS9UeXBlIC9YT2JqZWN0DS9T
|dWJ0eXBlIC9JbWFnZQ0vTmFtZSAvaW0xDS9GaWx0ZXIgL0RDVERlY29kZSANL1dpZHRoIDEyOTYN

[3020 lines snipped]

|NjI5IDAwMDAwIG4gDXRyYWlsZXINPDwNL1NpemUgMTINL1Jvb3QgMyAwIFINL0luZm8gMSAwIFIN
|L0lEIFs8ODIyODFlZGI4MDJmNDA5MTQyZGEwNmRjMGI1MzYzNjc+PDgyMjgxZWRiODAyZjQwOTE0
|MmRhMDZkYzBiNTM2MzY3Pl0NPj4Nc3RhcnR4cmVmDTE3MjEzMQ0lJUVPRg0=

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|JVBERi0xLjEgDSXi48/TDQogDTggMCBvYmoNPDwNL0xlbmd0aCA5IDAgUg0vRmlsdGVyIC9MWldE
|ZWNvZGUgDT4+DXN0cmVhbQ0KgBxEANGw0HAgGEIEA1GkJhwgMZtgYvNJtGIgIhvBsBANZW5kc3Ry
|ZWFtDWVuZG9iag05IDAgb2JqDTMyDWVuZG9iag02IDAgb2JqDTw8DS9UeXBlIC9YT2JqZWN0DS9T
|dWJ0eXBlIC9JbWFnZQ0vTmFtZSAvaW0xDS9GaWx0ZXIgL0RDVERlY29kZSANL1dpZHRoIDEyOTYN
|L0hlaWdodCAxMDgwDS9CaXRzUGVyQ29tcG9uZW50IDgNL0NvbG9yU3BhY2UgL0RldmljZUdyYXkN
|L0xlbmd0aCA3IDAgUg0+Pg1zdHJlYW0NCv/Y/+4ADkFkb2JlAGSAAAAAAP/bAEMACQYGBgcGCAgI

[2580 lines snipped]

|IA0wMDAwMDAwMTI1IDAwMDAwIG4gDTAwMDAxNDY2MzAgMDAwMDAgbiANMDAwMDE0NjcxMiAwMDAw
|MCBuIA10cmFpbGVyDTw8DS9TaXplIDEyDS9Sb290IDMgMCBSDS9JbmZvIDEgMCBSDS9JRCBbPDU0
|ZmM2MDdjMmI3OTYzNDNlYTc4MGJkYjg2MDE0ZDEyPjw1NGZjNjA3YzJiNzk2MzQzZWE3ODBiZGI4
|NjAxNGQxMj5dDT4+DXN0YXJ0eHJlZg0xNDcyMTQNJSVFT0YN

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA

|JVBERi0xLjEgDSXi48/TDQogDTYgMCBvYmoNPDwNL0xlbmd0aCA3IDAgUg0vRmlsdGVyIC9MWldE
|ZWNvZGUgDT4+DXN0cmVhbQ0KgAxEECgRyM4gBoxG4uG42gcLhogG41GwuGg4EA1hsWjByMogM0Ji
|EOhUMh0TisXjMblUekANOMIGIxFw1GQgGE4gcYGI5GguGw0EAzGwzFw4oRjNsIGFHHMYpo4p84p0

[6695 lines snipped]

|MCBuIA0wMDAwMzc2MzMzIDAwMDAwIG4gDXRyYWlsZXINPDwNL1NpemUgMjMzDS9Sb290IDMgMCBS
|DS9JbmZvIDEgMCBSDS9JRCBbPGYwNDVkMzE3MDAzNGFjMDEyMDU3N2JhZmE3ZmRlNDk2PjxmMDQ1
|ZDMxNzAwMzRhYzAxMjA1NzdiYWZhN2ZkZTQ5Nj5dDT4+DXN0YXJ0eHJlZg0zNzcxNDANJSVFT0YN

|--=_D18372A3.E988C0FA--