HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
george stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:31:08 -0700
Cure2000 for the HP 3000 -- How to Avoid IT Disasters Created by the
Year 2000

Register for this conference by pointing your Web Browser to:
http://www.hp.com/go/registerhp3k

There are now fewer than one thousand days left until the end
of the 1990s.  Many hundreds of years ago, a French monk
named Nostradamus predicted that the beginning of the new
millennium would be accompanied by great disasters: fires,
floods, wars and famine. If you read the computer industry press,
you might be thinking that Nostradamus may have been on
to something. The Year 2000 is posing many problems and
potential disasters for computer systems of all kinds.

Hewlett-Packard is prepared to help you avoid the IT disasters
people are predicting for the end of the decade. On Tuesday,
June 17th, 1997, Hewlett-Packard will present the eleventh in
it's acclaimed series of Technology Close-Up interactive video
broadcast programs. This program is entitled "Cure2000 for
the HP 3000," and will focus on the HP 3000 and it's related
applications and technologies as we move into the next millennium.
The program will address many of your questions, such as:

*     How serious is the Year 2000 problem?
*     Will our HP 3000 systems simply stop working on January 1, 2000?
*     Will the hardware hang up?
*     Will the operating system crash?
*     Will the applications break?
*     What about the other HP computer systems that we are using with
        the HP 3000? Do we need to worry about whether the HP 9000s,
        HP Vectra PCs and HP Netservers have been verified
        to be Year 2000 compliant?
*     Have our HP 3000 applications been tested and verified to be Year
        2000 compliant? How can we test our applications
        to determine if they can accept and correctly handle dates beyond
1999?
*     How can we test our "home grown" applications for Year 2000
compliance?
        Will the most widely used HP 3000 technologies like COBOL, IMAGE/SQL
        and VPLUS have problems with the Year 2000? What about older
        technologies like the Rapid products or Del?
*     What if we don't have the resources to test and fix our
applications?
        What are the options? Where can we get help?

This broadcast is provided free of charge to all HP 3000
customers.  The intent is to communicate up-to-the-minute
technical information about HP products and services.
These are interactive broadcasts, so you'll have a chance to learn by
asking direct questions of the HP experts and other HP
customers participating in the broadcast.

Join us if you are a Systems or IT Manager, Technical Expert,
Analyst or other Information Systems professional interested in
how to avoid the potential problems associated with the Year 2000.
This broadcast is free of charge for all HP customers.

This broadcast will be presented on Tuesday, June 17, 1997.
It will begin promptly at 9:00 AM Pacific time and run
approximately 2-3 hours. Please plan to arrive one half hour
before broadcast start time.

Please register no later than Wednesday, June 11, 1997.
Register for this conference by pointing your Web Browser to:
http://www.hp.com/go/registerhp3k

For ongoing HP Year 2000 information, visit www.hp.com/go/year2000. --
-
George Stachnik                     VoiceMail (408) 447-4156
c/o Hewlett-Packard                 Fax:      (408) 447-4952
Installed Base Marketing Pgm's.     email     [log in to unmask]
19111 Pruneridge Ave | MS 44UL
Cupertino CA 95014

Watch the Hewlett-Packard Technology Closeup Interactive TV Broadcasts:
See http://www.hp.com/go/tapes for details on videotapes.