HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
Bruce Senn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 10 Jun 1997 17:07:59 -0500659_us-ascii At 08:32 PM 6/9/97 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
/snip

>One of the data bases was the OCS Express data base (for job
>scheduling), OCSDB. OCSDB has Superdex indexes, and they are
>used by programs. When it was discoverd that indexing had been
>disabled, entries had been made to OCSDB, so it was necessary to
>re-index. The re-indexing job ran with no errors and all the correct
>messages and record counts. SIMAINT says the indexes are there,
>just as they were before, and ADAGER finds nothing wrong with the
>data base. However, the programs that use the indexes do not
>select any [...]48_10Jun199717:07:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:12:01 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> You said:
>
> > Why don't you have a 110V version of the 918?
>
> Why indeed?  Perhaps because that is what I was sold?!
>
> Anyway, I found out the console will run on either 110 or 220,
> so I'm running it on 220 now, which takes care of the immediate
> problem.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Jim

I'm sorry I missed this thread while it was happening.

Indeed, our 918 uses a 700/96 console connected to the 220 power from
the UPS.  However, I do have modems, which I would like to have on UPS
power.  MPE/iX doesn't yet have a way to tell us how long the power will
last, so I'd like to be able to dial in and shut it down before the
dreaded "2 minutes left" message.

I killed two modem power supplies believing I had 110 from all the
cabinet outlets.

Can anyone give me a supplier, partnumber, approximate price of a
step down transformer? The only ones I have found are for using your
electric razor in Europe and they don't seem tough enough for this
"mission critical" application.

TIA.

Bruce.

   Bruce J. Senn                             Phone:  (518) 388-6664
   Senior System Manager                     FAX:    (518) 388-6458
   Union College                   Internet:  [log in to unmask]
   Schenectady, NY 12308