HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
"F. Harasleben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Harasleben
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:27:55 -0700
Hi Listers,

Where can I get more information on how JetPrint/JetAdmin works and
how it should be installed in a network environment?

Our current installation was based on v A.01.08. This version was
installed under PUBLIC and PUBLIC\HP_PRINT directories, as recommended by
the installation process.

The new version recommends WINDOWS\SYSTEM as installation directory. As
we hold WINDOWS locally (performance reasons), can I dare to install the
new version under PUBLIC, to reduce the installation process to a
minimum?

How can I direct JetPrint to call the newer DLL´s from the PUBLIC
directory instead of those in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory?

For any comments and suggestions,

TIA

Friedrich