HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
DAVE BABCOCK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DAVE BABCOCK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:26:44 -0500
Our HP local office refused to move our HP SUSAN number.  According
to this HP engineer, HP has gotten into trouble with software vendors who use the HP SUSAN
number tor software licence enforcement.

>>> Lance Costanzo <[log in to unmask]> 06/11 9:51 AM >>>

>In less than a month, we are upgrading our 967 to an 987.  We were told that we
>could obtain the HPSUSAN number for the new system after the ship date and
>order were confirmed.  They were, so we called.
The SWID of the system, aka the SUSAN number, is a numerically derived from
the system serial number and model number.  If you want, you can retain your
existing number by having your CE run SS_CONFIG and enter in your the serial
and model numbers of your 967.
Lance.