HP3000-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
Lance Costanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lance Costanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:03:19 -0700
>How about creating a virtual 908 machine by writing a PA-RISC instruction set
>emulator that would run on Wintel hardware?  A high-end Wintel machine might
>yield acceptable performance for low-end MPE development purposes.
If the object of the game is to run software, then how about an MPE shell
for HP-UX?  The instruction set is the same, but the shell would need a
special loader (probably hooked into HPUX if you want to retain code/data
page attributes), intrinsic library emulation, etc, etc.   This is
oversimplification of a solution that crossed my mind a long time ago.
Lance