HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 5

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 14:13:18 GMT
We are a small- to mid-size operator-less MPE, HP-UX, NT, and Novell shop here.
While we have good backup policies for everything, we have no facility (beyond
paper & pencil and people's memories). We would like to start using a
computerized system of some kind for tracking tapes for all of our systems. We
don't really care where it is hosted, although I think (because of
accessibility) the UX system would be our least favorite choice.

I have looked briefly at Tapes Plus from Unison, since we use RoadRunner on the
MPE and UX systems, but I am not sure that it will work very well for tracking
the tapes we generate on the other 2 platforms.

What solution are people using out there? Any advice would be appreciated!

Now where did I that CYA backup I did last June.....?
--
Mark Landin
T. D. Williamson, Inc.