HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 5

From:
DEACONxx64 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DEACONxx64 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 15:46:03 GMT
I am looking for any info the user community can provide for the following
projects I am working on.

Environment:
(1) HP3000 969/KS220 w ~32gb disc space
(1) HP3000 947RX        w ~12gb disc space

We have recently purchased an EMC Symetrix Disc Storage unit model no.
3200-9016 and have attached our HP9000 to it. We are planning on attaching
the two HP3000's mentioned above to it also.  I am interested in getting
any feedback (pros/cons) from the user community on hooking up the 3000
boxes to the EMC drives.  Is there anyone else out there using them in the
3000 community?  And, if so, how many channels are you using, what raid
level, what HP3000 os are you on?  Anything would help as this is new to
me and until I see it laid out I can't quite grasp the physical
configuration of the drives in comparison to the way it is now.

The second project is trying to connect a serial HP256x printer to the
LAN.  We are using NBSPOOL software to print from the HP3000 to the LAN
and have so far only used Laser printers with JETDirect cards.  I know of
some vendors that provide an external print card for serial interfaces and
I was curious if there is anyone that currently is using their HP256x (or
other serial form feed printers) to print from the 3000 across the LAN.
If so what/how are you doing it?

Thanks in advance for any input anyone has.  If you feel as though your
reply would be beneficial to this newsgroup please post here, otherwise
you can email me with your response to:

Thanks again
Joe Moyer