HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 5

From:
Samantha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 22:50:08 GMT
Just to follow up on my own message. I meant to say I am NOT that
familar with the HP3000...

Also I meant to say the PH/Interbase would be on a HP9000.

Given that, some other thoughts came to mind.  Reading this group it
seems like that is a way to have a POSIX environment on the HP3000
though it's not clear whether it's commercial or shareware.

Anyway I was now thinking, perhaps we could implement some sort of
3-tier C/S model with the client being a terminal, the 2nd tier being
the application on the HP3000 (PH) and an Interbase Server sitting on
a HP9000 box. If I could get a TCP/IP connection between the HP3000
and HP9000 and some sort of middleware (transport layer) so pass
messages between the PH application and the Interbase server, that
might solve all my problems.

Comments?

Thanks