HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 22:00:06 +0200
Gregory

I cut and pasted this from Robelle's May 1997 What's Up DOCumentation at
http://www.robelle.com/newsletter/latest.html
(I hope they forgive me)

It sound just like your problem.

Regards

Neil Harvey

From Robelle's May 1997 What's Up DOCumentation

Warning About Saving Files Across Accounts

There is a bug in MPE/iX 5.5 that may cause you some difficulty if you
try to keep files across account boundaries. Qedit (or EDIT/3000 for
that matter) may purge an existing file in another account, but not be
able to keep the new file. The end result is that you can end up losing
your work. If you get this error message with Qedit,

   Existing file apparently purged, but still cannot save new file.
   Fclose Err: Security

save your file in the local account, then manually move it across to the
other account. HP is investigating this as SR 5003-356063. They have
classified it as a serious problem.