HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 12:10:36 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Grose
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Subject:       Re: ODBCLink
>From:  Steve Grose <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:  Thu, 15 May 1997 14:38:23 -0400
>
>I was hoping it was going to be shipped in express 2 for MPE 5.5. I
received
>my
> communicator yesterday and no ODBC.
>
>Has anyone heard when HP will make ODBLink available?

First a distinction - ODBCLink is a product of and a registered trademark
of MBFoster Associates. We have licensed a special edition (SE) of this
product to HP called ODBCLink/SE. Second the DataExpress product with the
ODBCLink option has been shipping for over 3 years, and the 32 bit client
was added over a year ago.

DataExpress will allow access to Image/SQL and AllBase (this is what is
license to HP) but adds access to KSAM, MPE, Powerhouse subfiles, Image
(direct intrinsic calls), DataExpress subfiles, Robelle subfiles, and
Oracle. There are several other features in ODBCLink that help with
additional security and administration of the dataaccess environment.

If you'd like more information I'd be pleased to help you get it ... you
can even order a demo if you have a budget for this kind of product.

As for the HP delivery date ... Yes we know - But If I told you ... we'd
have to kill you ...

Have a great weekend ... Birket
Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
(613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588 (FAX)
(Thanks for your support of our 32bit DataExpress ODBCLink Driver)