HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 09:53:10 -0700
Guess (21 lines)
Since I'm receiving this in digest mode, I'll apologize in advance if
someone else beat me to this observation.

HP announced their second quarter results yesterday after the markets
closed. The text of the press release is available on their web site
(www.hp.com/financials/quarters/1997/q1.html).

A quick read of the text, followed by a word find in my browser, found
six separate mentions of the term "UNIX(R)", and two separate mentions
of the term "Windows NT(R)", not counting the pro forma trademark
disclaimers at the end.

Anyone care to guess what well known, HP-owned trademark was never
mentioned, even once? No mention of revenues, or of sales growth, or of
backlog.

Can you say "HP3000"?  Apparently HP can't.

...Neil Weiser
   Denkart Inc.