HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 3

From:
"Eric H. Sand" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric H. Sand
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:54:29 -0500
Many times I have thought of how I would design "pop-up" windows for
VPLUS and listed below are some of my observations:

1.)  Pass an array built by the program to "VSCROLL" (allows for
processing any file type,
          sorting, refresh timing, and presentation).

2.)  Specify row, column co-ordinates for top left corner of "pop-up"
window.

3.)  Specify byte length of each "piece" or "unique record" of data to
be displayed (1 to 80).

4.)  Allow for a "description header" at the top of the "pop-up"
window.

4.)  Specify number of "unique records" to be displayed (1 to 23 if
"header" is used,
          otherwise  24).

5.)  Use arrow keys to move to target record, "enter" to make
selection.

6.)  "VSCROLL" would return array offset of  "data selected" (1..n).

7.)  "VSCROLL" would be activated by the program after VREADFIELDS and
the detection of                     any "error" or other condition.

8.)  No changes would be necessary to the FORMSPEC program itself.

The above specs would allow for complete flexibility on data
presentation and selection. Other uses would be HELP screens, status
of other processes or data.....almost anything...!

Eric H. Sand - Software Engineer
Data Research Associates
80 Garden Court - Suite 200
Monterey, Calif. 93940