HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Connie Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 09:21:20 -0700
Arun G,[log in to unmask],Internet writes:
>The current  version of FTP, which is in beta testing now and planning
>to be part of 5.5 Express 3, supports  FTPing  privileged  files.  So,
>the above can be achieved by the FTP command  "MGET ZZZ@" for datasets
>and "MGET ./zzz@" for jumbo data sets.
>
>Questions:
>
>With MGET supporting privileged files, do you still require the DBMGET
>command?.  If so, why MGET is not sufficient?

We are a small community college in N.W. Oregon.  We are in the process of
installing SRN and Bi-Tech systems for our Student Information and Accounting
information.  The test accounts, including IMAGE databases, reside on HP3000
937 RX.  The production accounts, including IMAGE databases reside on a HP3000
939 KS.  There is a 3rd version of the production account residing on the 937
which our report programmer uses to write the BRW reports we will use.
Currently, I use STORE tapes to copy things from the place they are to the
place I want them to be.

I would like to use FTP to copy databases and KSAM files from one to the other,
so which ever solution which will allow me to do this easily is what I would
like.