HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:24:54 -0500
I am awaiting a call-back from WRQ on this question, but I thought I
would post here and see if I could get an answer from the list first.

I apologize if this question is worded weird, but I don't really
understand everything I'm asking here...so I hope you can understand
what I really need. TIA

We currently have a remote site that uses WRQ RNS and Reflections to
access our HP3000s via TCP/IP and VT. They are also attached to our
Novell LAN. They are an independent company and are going to provide
access to the Internet to their company. We want to force all of their
communication to our LAN and our HP3000 to go through our Raptor
firewall. We need to know if the TCP port that the HP3000/VT sessions
coming from Reflections is configurable. We want the firewall to do some
proxy hand offs of this traffic, ie we point the reflections sessions to
the firewall and the firewall then points them to the HP3000s. Our
firewall people tell us they need the TCP port to be static or at least
defined to a small range (it currently ranges greatly.)

Does anyone know or think they know what I am asking? I'm not sure if I
am asking this correcly or not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

--