HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 17:28:14 -0700
Yes to both ...  we assign individual home groups to developer users
and give the user ID's GL capability.  By assigning Write, Append, Save
access in the home groups to GL only (W,A,S:GL), we reasonably assure
that the developer is the only non-AM/SM user allowed to modify files
in his/her home group.

We use group passwords less often, but they're useful in accounts where
access must be restricted because of GU access rights.

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]
Regence HMO Oregon

503-375-4498  voice
503-375-4401  fax
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.