HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Eric J Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 16:52:45 -0500
I need to get started writing an application on MPE that accesses a remote
Oracle database on Unix.

We installed SQLnet MPE software, but the MPE installed directory names and
the Pro*C makefile samples seem totally mismatched, for example, the
makefile references unix directories in lowercase - however, some of these
directories were converted to MPE uppercase names within an MPE group.

Has anyone gone through this to give some pointers or where to point me for
ideas?  Web pages, perhaps?   A sample MPE installed makefile?

---the canned programs run fine, it is creating an application that seems
daunting :-)

:sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 3.2.3.0.0 - Production on Tue May 13 17:46:16 1997
Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1996.  All rights reserved.
Enter user-name:
---
Eric J. Schubert, Senior Analyst
Excellence In Service - Office of Information Technologies
University of Notre Dame, Indiana USA
http://www.nd.edu/~eschuber
http://www.nd.edu/~eisteam