HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 2

From:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 16:14:22 -0600
About 7 years ago (how time flies) I had a problem that sounds exactly like this one. Some minor differences where we had the Telamon Async engines in the loop.

Ross' crew proved to be valuable in this as they got the modems to work at least sometimes. In the long run I converted to US Robotics modems (courier, bad luck with the sportsters) and have never had a problem again.

During this process we had Multitech on the line (they never really helped) and even sent a modem to Telamon to see if they could get anything out of them.

To be honest, I never spent so much time on a project with so little results. I had all of MIS and some of management forming a lynch mob.  After the conversion to USR, I swore off Multitech and stayed with the couriers.