HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
James Trudeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Trudeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 18:20:27 -0500
Howdy,

Regarding the subject thread Gary Nolan notes he too has had some problems.
I'm not going to repeat his post as I would also have to repeat some other posts
which gets a bit boring for all.

The gist of it is we lost a bunch of records and have our sights firmly set on DDX.
Mike Berkowitz responded with a similar problem and an SR number which was
5003-367607.  Gary had an SR of 5003358168.  Beats me.

Gary also inquired as to our database management tools.  We use Adager almost
exclusively.  Occasionally Query for remedial database integrity functions (shooting
yerself inna foot).  No Dbchange ect.  Dbutil used only for inquiry - - capacity, flags,
locks, etc.

Other than keeping the thread going for those interested, I'm posting a question...
I get the HP problem solving database on the web and it asks for "all technical",
"SSB,s/SSR's", and other stuff.  I highlight SSB's/SSR,s and MPE/iX.  For the life
of me I cannot seem to find the above mentions SR,s.  So call me stupid.

Oh, yeah-if you ever run into anyone from Texas, don't ask 'em where their from.
Either their from Texas or ya don't wanna embarrass them ;-))

Regards,

Jim Trudeau                    *
Computer Sciences Corp         *
Harlingen, Texas               *  Call now. I can get you a really
                               *   good deal on a rocket.  Atlas/Centaur
Voice:   (210) 430-7728        *   Titan/Centaur - even  Titan 4B.
Fax:     (210) 412-8531        *
e-mail   [log in to unmask] *  I also have some water pistols to get rid of.