HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 22:24:10 GMT
Robert Wu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ok, I know Denys doesn't like ComputerWorld.  Other than
>this, what magazines are out there (both that I have to pay
>for and those that I happily enjoy for free each week, when
>they're not piling up) that people would suggest?
>
>I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything that's good out
>there.
well, i don't know if i'd call this a 'magazine' or not - but i get pc
magazine on cd.  there's *no* way i could keep up with this depth &
breadth (:-) publication on paper.  i've got two years worth of  cd's
sitting on my desk.  makes for a great way (i think) for looking up
information since each quarterly issue comes with a two-year database.
it's a bit expensive and by definition you'll never be reading
anything truly current - both are ok by me, though.        - donna