HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 09:10:53 -0400

> My family spent the day at Six Flags over GA (Atlanta-based HP folks
> take note) today following the Saturday opening of the new "Batman"
> roller coaster - a "hanging" coaster with the track above your head,
> not below your feet.  This park is well known for coasters, having the
> Great American Scream Machine (wooden coaster), Georgia Cyclone (another
> wooden coaster), Mind Bender (high-tech steel, two loops), Viper (a very
> quick ride with one loop; launched by gravity drop counterweight through
> a loop, then you rebound backwards through the loop), Mine Train (wimpy
> metal coaster) and the Ninja (high-tech steel, two loops, and a double
> twisting corkscrew horizontal loop).

Jeff --- Looks like HOTlanta's Six-Flags now has what we near "Six
Flags/Great Adventure" (in New Jersey, midway between Philly and New Yawk)
have had for a couple of years now...

... and no - I do not get on "Batman, the ride" --- I stick with the stuff
that dosen't remind me of my first check-ride (when getting my FAA
license), when the examiner decided to get cute and cut my fuel and made
me come out of a dive.  Let's just say that when I brought it out and
leveled the plane off, I remember that I really should have taken
Drammamine --- what a mess!  (and the examiner took the brunt of it ---
guess he won't do *that* anymore <g>)

Joe

(PS:  I passed - either that, or I was going to ask that he be the
examiner for the retest <g>)