HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 07:35:28 -0500
I believe your problem may be something different than drivers for Windows
95.  I would check the cable to make sure you have a proper cable.  I am
not sure for the 520, but the 600 and the Laserjet 4L require
bi-directional cables.  You may also have a problem with your parallel port
setup.  Verify if you have ECP or EPP enabled for this port.

In a pinch, you can use the Windows 3.x drivers for the printer on Windows
95.

MS has an updated driver for the DJ540 has does the HP site.  I cannot find
any new drivers for the DJ520.  If the driver is faulty, it would be HP's
responsibility, not Microsoft.  After all, HP writes the drivers for their
peripherals.

E-mail me directly if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
Hicomp America, Inc.
[log in to unmask]        www.hicomp.com/hicomp
(800) 323-8863   (281) 288-7438  fax: (281) 355-6879