HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 13:33:06 +0200
Meddelandetext (29 lines)
> Has anyone used RAFCP between two DTC72MX's over a routed IP network? I
> have been trying to get this setup. I have HP Openview DTC Manger 14.3 and
> MPE 5.0c at both sites, along with a DNS server.
>
> I have reviewed several documents from HP, however two of these seem to
> have conflicting information.

We recently (~2 weeks) set up RAFCP over a routed IP-network. After several
weeks of problems we realised it's pretty straight-forward. Our set-up is as
follows:
Remote site: 1 DTC16, OVDTCMGRPC 14.3, DNS#1
Host site: 1 DTC72MX, OVDTCMGRPC 14.3, DNS#2
In DNS#1:host.domain.se WKS ip@ of FEDTC (DTC72MX) udp
         host.domain.se TXT "RAFCP_HOST=HOST.NS.NAME"
In DNS#2:RDTC (DTC16) A ip@ of DTC16

We would have preferred to use just one DNS but our network departments (one
local and one remote, of course) wouldn't hear of it...

Allthough this is not yet in production it seems to work fine in test. Feel
free to contact me if you think there is anything I can help you whith, or
if the above doesn't make sense (I realise there might be some things
missing). I do have some documents that HP gave us, I guess I can let you
have it.

hth
/per