HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
"Edward A. Caruso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward A. Caruso
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 10:01:34 -0700
Hi Gang.

Recently, QSS upgradeed our US Robotic Sportster Modems from 28.8 to 33.6
by way of a chip upgrade.  Wel, now our modems DO NOT process the break
key.  This is MOST unfortunate.  Apparanetly, as it was put to me by a USR
Technician, when the engineers decided to burn a new set of chips (ie the
33.6 upgrades) it was felt that the Break key was, for the most part,
unused in the industry.  To have the break key supported we have been told
we need to go to US Robotics Courier model of modems.

Just thought you might find this interesting.

Edward A. CAruso

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily match those of any
other individual or orgainzation

"There can be Only One !!" --- Conner MaCleod "The Highlander"

voice: (work) 415-306-1620
  fax: (work) 415-365-2706
email: (work) [log in to unmask]
       (home) [log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask]