HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Dale Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 08:45:58 -0600
We have recently purchased a new HP5000-D640.  We have had this printer
for about 30 days with many support calls on this printer.  The paper is
consistenly jaming in the fusing unit.  The error is 'JAM2 fusing
unit".  The fusing unit was to be replaced by HP but they blamed it on
the paper we were using which was not the "official" paper the printer
was tested with but is within the printed specifications.  Fusing unit
is now hopefully to be replaced to see if the problems are solved.  To
the point...

What has anyone else's experience been with this printer.  Is it more
reliable than what we are experiencing.  Do we have a lemon?

--

Dale Roberts
Granite School District