HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 08:20:27 -0700
Yes, the new online config features are a plus - unless you want to
alter a tape drive configuration ... not supported yet, as we
discovered one day last week.  We attempted to change a device ID on
two DLT tape drives on one of our systems, but IOCONFIG said no-can-do
when we attempted the change on the first drive.  A call to the HPRC
confirmed that tape drive changes aren't supported in IOCONFIG, etc.

The next morning, after our operator told us he couldn't see the drive
to perform the nightly backup, we found that IOCONFIG had dutifully
deleted the drive from the configuration.

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]
Regence HMO Oregon

503-375-4498  voice
503-375-4401  fax
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.