HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 1

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 13:36:25 -0500
Hello Friends:

Robert Joseph asked today:

>Is it possible the recently maligned ComputerWorld has scooped The 3000
>News Wire?  Page 4 of this week's CW has a story on the customer funding
>discussion as well as a sidebar previewing the upcoming 997.

We're glad to report the scoop is in the eye of the beholder. Our April
issue carried the customer funding issue at the top of Page One, and
prompted Computerworld's interest. We're also glad to report that the CW
writer is a subscriber to the NewsWire.

A closer read of the Computerworld story shows the source for the schedule
of MPE/iX improvements is our newsletter. We're always glad to share what
we know about the HP 3000 -- to help get the 3000 word out to as many
people as possible.

We're also glad to report that we're not in Dallas.

The 997 rollout story is in our May issue, which will be on the Always
Online Web site Real Soon Now and in mailboxes next week. As a "source
close to the company," I should know.

A scoop? That might be the 150 percent of sales quota that CSY posted for
its first half of 1997. More details on that in the May FlashPaper, along
with more complete details on the 997 rollout.

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire
Independent Information to Maximize Your HP3000
http://www.3000newswire.com/newswire
512-331-0075