HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

From:
Jon Diercks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Diercks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:08:49 -0400
At 07:24 PM 4/24/97 GMT, Bill Sutton wrote:
>A new function key called "Go to Switch" appears for host-based profiles on
>5.5. The screen that comes up contains the switching configuration.

Thanks.  Dave Kallman also pointed this out to me.  Since my NMMGR was still
configured for PC-based management, I wasn't being presented that function
key as an option.  Turning off (N) the flag for "Are you using OpenView DTC
Manager?"  Revealed the magic key.

>I recommend you check out the 5.5 edition of "Configuring Systems for
>Terminals, Printers, and Other Serial Devices", P/N 32022-61000.

Thanks also for that pointer.  I was pleased to find that this manual is
indeed on the LaserROM, too.

As soon as I can get my configurations synchronized, we will be dumping
DTCMGR for good.  Wheeee!!!  ;>  Thanks also to HP for simplifying my life a
little bit.  I mean, sure, NMMGR is still a beast of a program with
mind-numbing layers upon layers of screens, but at least now I don't have to
rely on a flaky PC program to keep my DTC's in line.  And I can go back to
using TERMDSM so I won't have to run to the PC in the machine room any more
just to do a port reset.

Jon Diercks * Systems Manager         Computing Services
[log in to unmask] (PGP available)     Anderson University
http://rowlf.csv.anderson.edu/        1100 East Fifth St
(317)641-4305 * FAX (317)641-3851     Anderson, IN 46012