HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

From:
CarlWKemp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CarlWKemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:08:56 GMT
>I have two HP3000's, a 969ks and a 987.  I am interested in setting up
>a UDC that will:
>
>1.  Do a recall, and
>2.  Automatically reply to the recall request.
>
>I have 11 replies every night for the system backups, and I would love
>to automate this so that I don't have to continuously do replies all
>night long.  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott,

<plug alert>
Do yourself a favor and go get a copy of MasterOp from Allegro's Web Page.
It is FREE and has all sorts of reply handling capabilities, as well as
being a pretty powerful scheduler (ok, so, being the author, I am a little
prejudiced). Then the command from MasterOp would be:

WHENEVER (REPLYINFO(#J@,TEXT)="*LDEV*") DO &
                    :REPLY ~[REPLYINFO(#J@,PIN)],ldev

<end plug alert>

Good Hunting!!!