HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 07:48:53 EST
We use NBSpool and FAX/3000 in unison to do this.  First, you setup a dummy
device on the system and route it to this device.(our device is ANV)  Then in
NBSPOOL, you setup the xeq loop to do the following:

 XEQ;PROC=7;WAIT=60
 X> ERROR IGNORE
 X> WHILE *ANV,%3-14
 W> :ANVFAX.FAXPRINT !CURRENT
 W> :PURGE O!CURRENT.OUT.HPSPOOL
 W> END
 X> END

In the above example, ANV is our dummy device.  This executes the script
ANVFAX.FAXPRINT.  The script follows:

parm spoolid=" "
print anvhead.faxprint;page=0         > anvtmp
print o!"spoolid".out.hpspool;page=0 >> anvtmp
print anvtail.faxprint;page=0        >> anvtmp
file FAX=FAX;dev=FAX,2,1
fcopy from=anvtmp;to=*FAX

The device FAX is the same FAX device used in FAX/3000.  ANVHEAD is a file
containing the information needed by FAX/3000 to send a fax.  It is the header
information.  ANVTAIL is, of course the trailer information used by FAX/3000

This seems to work very well.  There are all kinds of options in both pieces of
software that will allow you to change the orientation of the print, sizes of
the fonts, etc.

If you have any other question, please let me know, and I'll do my best to
answer.

Kevin Newman