HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:58:29 PST8
Bob,

I had a similar problem with JTMAIL when I first used it where my message
text was becoming part of the subject.  I edited the source do transmit a
'new line' character after the subject and that took care of it.  The
problem would occur *only* when the message text had leading spaces.  I
informed Jim Wowchuk about it, he explained why it was being done that way
(I don't remember the explanation well, but it had something to do with
allowing sites to specify additional 'custom' headers) and also indicated
that he would fix it on subsequent releases.   I never got a 'newer' version
since there were additional 'mods' that I had made to our version so that it
would work 'better' in batch.

Below you'll find the section of code that I changed in order to correct the
'subject scope' error.

Regards

Paul H. Christidis
(310) 513-5808

         /* if there is a new subject, include it */
     if (gszSubject) {
         SendCmd(gsk, "Subject: %s", gszSubject);
         strcpy(buff, "\n");   /* Send new line to end subject */
         Transmit(gsk, buff, strlen(buff));
     }