HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:43:11 -0700
Tracy writes:
> Even more humorously, the thought occurred to me, what if someone developed
> an interface between networking and local power grid?  After all, the only

> Then more ominously, I thought, "What if someone has already invented it?",
> "Perhaps the Government?"  60 cycles..... hmmmmm.

Years ago.  I believe that there are at least two competing home automation
products that use the AC wiring in your house for sending signals.  They
either assume that the signals won't get past your main electric panel
(or require a box at that end?).

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html