HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:27:03 -0500
RE: (32 lines)

You just need to design with the batch idea in mind.
Also, we find it useful to drive a screen "batch like" on somebody's
terminal screen, then use WARN with prompting required to note problems.
The screen runs through the input file until a situation is detected,
then WARN message appears and the details of that record are painted on
the screen. The user notes down the record's details and hits the return
key to continue. Quite effective for "intelligent batch-like" updating.

Richard Gambrell