HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:06:09 -0700
Denys writes:

> Hiback/NT also allows one to backup a raw partition to a storage device. =
>  So, if you have multiple servers, you could always backup the C: =
> partition to a tape using a raw backup, and storing all the other =
> partitions using a filesys backup.  In the event of a disaster, you can =
> restore the raw partition to a new disc drive using another NT machine =
> for the restore to a new disk.  Once this is done, you replace the =
> crashed disk in your original server, reboot and there you go.

That's great!

BTW, did anyone else have trouble reading Denys' posting (i.e., text
going to column 80 and simply spilling over to the next line)?
I suspect that GUI mail readers saw it fine, and non-GUI ones didn't...
and I'm curious.

If Denys didn't mention it, you can download a trail copy of
Hiback from: www.hicomp.com/hicomp

(since I have no financial interest in this, I'm not saying <plug>)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html