HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 08:56:00 -0400
C1032169.txt (26 lines)
Lars asked:

PS: I wonder how many HPDESK users are aware of or using the GUI clients...
---------------------------
We have been using it for at least one year now.  At the office, I
use it exclusivly at my desk, but have to drop back and use the
classic interface when in the field or here at home on Sunday.

To me, the visual aspect of the filing cabinet makes the GUI work.  In the
classic, I can't remember all of the names of the file folders.
I could probably list them, but it is too much to "serialy" scroll
through.

Also, the internet "reply" with the quoted text is another big sell.
When I need to quote something from the classic, I just hope I am at
home in Windows so I can cut and paste.

My biggest complaint is the lack of ability to search through the list
of messages [I have over 500 in my intray].  I had a reason to find
a message on Friday and if someone else on staff didn't tell me that
it was from a particular month, I probably would not have found it, or
it would have taken me much longer.

/alan