HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:52:03 +0200
At 13:54 14.04.1997 +0200, Uli wrote:
>some months ago this group was discussing a tool which was able to show
>the IP Adress of all sessions loged on.
>Does anybody know something about this thing or where to get it ?

Have you tried NSCONTROL STATUS=USERS for VT sessions and the SHOWCONN
utility for all the other TCP based connections? I believe the SHOWCONN
and ABORTCON utilities are available on http://jazz.external.hp.com as
well as one of the recent networking patches (NSTxxxxx or NSSxxxxx).

By the way, beginning with a certain 5.0 patch level (maybe Express-3
or later) a session can check the client IP address and other parameters
via predefined variables. Try SHOWVAR or SHOWVAR @ and check for something
like HP_REM_IP_ADDR, HP_REM_PORT or alike (sorry, forgot the exact names).

Regards, Lars.