HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:36:31 -0700
Yes, we've had it occur on both our systems since 5.0 (we're now on
5.5, with no fix yet).  The problem is documented in SR# 5003312272:
LOGFILE opened with MAPPED ACCESS) and was originally identified by HP
labs as a problem with Vesoft's %VEAUDIT LISTLOG command; however,
VeSoft now says that HP has acknowledged the problem as theirs.  VeSoft
can also reproduce the problem with their %BACKG STOPJOB/STARTJOB
commands (SR# 4701326348: FCLOSE of COPY-mode message file).  If you
use any of these tools, this might be the cause of your problem.

HP provided us with several DEBUG command scripts to 1) set a mask
which can prevent logging from disabling (XEQ at system startup time),
2) re-enable logging withoug rebooting the system, and 3) turn the
log-disable prevention mask off.  I suggest that you contact the
Response Center and reference these two SR's and see if they'll provide
you with the scripts.

Good luck.

Lee Gunter     [log in to unmask]

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oregon/HMO Oregon