HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:42:47 -0700
Gary,

We've been using DLT for a few months, now, and have found it reliable,
fast and easy to use.  Our 996 system backups went from 100+ 2400' reel
tapes and 7 hours (2 drives in parallel) to 3 DLT cartridges and 3
hours (3 drives in parallel).  With each drive on a separate SE-SCSI
interface, we achieve roughly 30 Gbytes/hour throughput with drive
compression enabled and 2nd-level software compression enabled (we use
Orbit's 'Backup/Plus' - beside Turbostore, this may be the only backup
software which supports DLT, AFAIK).

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oregon/HMO Oregon