HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:12:00 -0700
People,

     I just downloaded MPEKEY and I like it except for a couple of things.
 It can't execute a HELLO or BYE command from within it.  I would like to be
able to load it and forget about it, then if I go to switch accounts it
would just automatically unload (perhaps this can already be done and I just
haven't discovered it yet).  What I tried to do was set a variable when I
execute it (setvar MPEKEY 1), then use a "secured" command file to move from
account to account that would check for the existence of this variable
(bound(MPEKEY)).  The problem is the command to end MPEKEY is Ctrl-E and I
don't seem to be able to issue that programmatically?!?  When I do "setvar
endit chr(5)", I don't get the Ctrl-E value captured?!?  Perhaps MPEKEY can
be "unloaded" by running it a second time with a ";parm=" or something
similar.  Has anybody resolved this problem already?

Thanx,
    Jon Backus
    HP Systems Manager
    AB&C Group