HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Clifford Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clifford Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:42:05 -0400
On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, F. Harasleben wrote:

> We are still using all Powerhouse products (quick, qdesign, qtp and quiz) in its 6.19
> version (as I am at home I cannot verify the version number rigth now).
>
> We updated MPE to version 5.0 (Express 3.0) about 18 months ago, and have not faced
> any real problems as far as Powerhouse is concerned. (We have some difficulties with
> calling externals from an XL, which should solve the date/days problems; we had
> problems when converting to NM KSAM - which were solved by including a CHOOSE
> statement). But all our programs (about 3000) worked as before.

We are using both 5.x (I don't remember what flavor) and 7.09 of quiz and
have no problem whatsoever with NM KSAM.

> We are still not on MPE 5.5, but will be soon, when upgrading to a 979. I hope
> Powerhouse will continue to run on 5.5 as it did on 5.0

When we went to MPE 5.5 the paint module of qdesign quit working.
According to the Cognos Customer Servoce guy that I talked to they know
about the problem and they are not going to fix it.  Try that on for size.

Clifford Williams  mailto:[log in to unmask]
Collegedale, TN    http://www.southern.edu/~williams
Southern Adventist University