HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Kirk Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:47:59 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Backuj
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>People,
>
>     Anybody else buy one of these printers yet?  We have one with the high
>capacity input (HCI) and the high capacity output (HCO).  It is connected
>both serially to an LDev and parallel through it's JetDirect card to the
>network.  The types of problems we have been experiencing are paper jams
>from the HCI with stock paper (higher bond paper doesn't seem to jam as
>much); slow turn around between jobs coming from the network; and very slow
>processing of files directly from the HP3000(s).  Anybody else seeing the
>same types of problems and/or found any solutions?
>
>Thanx,
>    Jon Backus
>    HP Systems Manager
>    AB&C Group
Try the free version of IPS for the HP3000 to talk to the printer.
You can obtain it from www.3k.com or I can send you the latest version.
If you find it is still printing slow, you will need enter a special
command in the config file.
Kirk Whelan,                               Tel:01784-436234
Technical Director,                        Fax:01784-433315
SMM Software Ltd,
42a High Street, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9DP.