HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Kirk Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:58:35 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] writes
>We are putting an HP 2,000-sheet input tray on a 5si.  Is anyone using the HP
>multibin mailbox or the Gradco  Stacker 2000 or the Model 3100 stacker by
>Stands & Stackers Inc?
>
>Does anyone use the internal hard drive for the 5si to store fonts, forms
>etc?  I ordered one 3 months ago and am told HP is not sending them out for
>some reason.
>
>Thanks
>Pat Nash
If you intend to select on the fly input trays ( blue,yellow,white ) and
put on the optional output stacker and select all of the output trays on
the fly. The printer will jam. The jams can be reduced by altering the
feeds from upper tray to lower tray but you still get jams when
selecting uppertray to tray2 in the optional stacker. This occurs about
every 1000-2000 sheets printed from one run. The engineers are
aware of the problem and are working on the problem. With the optional
output stacker I think the print rate drops down to about 20-25ppm.

Kirk Whelan,                               Tel:01784-436234
Technical Director,                        Fax:01784-433315
SMM Software Ltd,
42a High Street, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9DP.