HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
"F. Harasleben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Harasleben
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 10:03:12 -0700
Doug Peloquin wrote:

> We use PowerHouse Report Only (Quiz), and went to 5.0 about 1-2 years ago.
> As I recall, the MPE/iX 5.0 compliant version was 7.29.C.  We had a problem
> with that and quickly installed 7.29.C3.  This fixed all of our issues, and
> we haven't had any problems with the software since.
>
> Douglas A. Peloquin
> Senior Systems Programmer Analyst
> Server Support Group of Technical Services
> MassMutual
>
> Bill Perry <[log in to unmask]> wrote in article
> > My client just upgraded to MPEix 5.0. We are going thru our first
> > month-end close under 5.0. We use Cognos, QUIZ versions 5.03, 6.19 an
> > some 7.??. Over the month-end the QUIZ 5.03 reports running against our
> > GL picked up about 10% of the records which the COBOL programs reported.
> > We are quickly trying to upgrade all QUIZ to the latest version of QUIZ,
> > but we don't know if that will help.

We are still using all Powerhouse products (quick, qdesign, qtp and quiz) in its 6.19
version (as I am at home I cannot verify the version number rigth now).

We updated MPE to version 5.0 (Express 3.0) about 18 months ago, and have not faced
any real problems as far as Powerhouse is concerned. (We have some difficulties with
calling externals from an XL, which should solve the date/days problems; we had
problems when converting to NM KSAM - which were solved by including a CHOOSE
statement). But all our programs (about 3000) worked as before.

We are still not on MPE 5.5, but will be soon, when upgrading to a 979. I hope
Powerhouse will continue to run on 5.5 as it did on 5.0

Cheers,

Friedrich