HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:49:07 -0400
I wrote a few minutes ago:

> In that regard (and very much along the same sentiments as the kid
programmer'
> s comments above), two weeks ago I put together a fake web site as an April

> Fool's joke for a few old friends saying much the same thing, while
> advocating the true goodness and righteousness of the HP3000. Its URL is:
>
>       http://aics-research.com/advocacy
>
>  I'll take the web site down sometime next week, but it was a lot of work
> put it together and I thought that you all might want to see it, too,
before
> it disappears. If you've never met Stan Sieler, at least you'll get a
chance
> to see him (in another light).

The initial "hook" that I used to get the people to whom I sent the original
e-mail message on April Fools was that I begun to fear that "MPE has become a
cult." I forgot to mention that in the first message (my apologies), but keep
that thought in mind, if you don't mind, should you look at the web site.

Wirt Atmar