HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:27:58 +0200
At 10:52 01.04.1997 +0200, Chris Breemer wrote:

>(sob) I for one have been _craving_ for a remshd for a long time ! There
was a version
>on Jazz but it did not work, as other on this list reported.
>
>If I really want to
>integrate the 3k with other machines I should be able to initiate
commands/jobs on the
>3k
>from other machines, like we do on other servers. I've been kludging with
vt3k but
>that's so ugly... Why oh why is remshd dropped ? Will it ever be supported
? Offering
>remsh without remshd seems like on of these half mesaures again to me.

I have been using VT3K with the -I option for quite a while now and it did not
cause any problems. For systems not having VT3K there still seems the option
to use FTP and the SITE STREAM command to be able to transfer and stream a job
file...

So to me the REMSH client on the 3000 seems to be more important than a REMSHD.

Just my personal opinion, though.

Lars.